Friday, March 6, 2009

Sleepy Pug


1. what first stands out to me is the focal point which is the face and ear of my dog. I notice the position she is in. Also, the shadows and the light stand out and grab my attention.
2. The picture is a side shot of my dog lying down on the ground. You can see from the mid section up, but the light shining through the sky light is casting a light spot over her shoulders and head. She is laying in the warm sun.
3. I think the values are very strong in this photo, the line quality also stands out. The focal point is in the middle of the picture, and the composition is balanced and well done.
4. A simple word for this photo would be "lazy". basically this photo illustrates the character, and personality of my dog. She is lazy, relaxed, and awesome.
5. While having a completely different style, and medium. My photo is like William Kentridge's work in the fact that they both deal with strong values, and the figure or subject fits into the background or foreground well.

No comments:

Post a Comment